- 28 January 2016 – 17:30 – MVHR: Is it just a hot air?
This is a joint AECB and Passivhaus Trust event billed to be a light-hearted factual debate and discussion about mechanical and natural ventilation. Is MVHR necessary in Passivhaus, and does it have a place in low energy buildings? The cost for members is £20 +VAT, with tickets available on the Passivhaus Trust Events Page
- 22nd February 2016 – “AECB Silver Standard on a Large Scale” @ The Mansion, Bletchley Park by Alan Budden
Alan will be exploring the AECB Silver Standard on a large scale and the challenges, particularly air tightness in relation to work on the recently completed 56 unit development in Nottingham.
- 8 – 10 March 2016 – Ecobuild – Excel London
- 23rd March 2016- Energy Storage and Management @ The Mansion, Bletchley Park by SMA
The SMA team will be speaking on Energy storage and management specifically on clever utilisation of energy generated from PV during the day integrated with battery storage systems for the home.
- 14th April 2016- Natural Building Technologies Tour
Tour of the natural building technologies offices in Oakely.
- 22-23 April 2016 – International Passivhaus Conference
The theme this year is 25 years of Passivhaus; Building a Sustainable Future.
The Eco Design Consultants team will be ambling around again this year. Is there any appetite for an MK AECB team?
- 15 June 2016 – Homeworld 50 by John Walker and Will Cousins
Get a preview of the fourth great Milton Keynes housing exhibition. Following Homeworld 1981, EnergyWorld 1986, Futureworld 1994 and now Homeworld 50. Hear about the, site, the opportunity, the criteria that will guide selection of winning proposals and the process for entry.
- 15 – 16 July 2016 – Annual Conference: The AECB ADAPT Conference
The Annual AECB conference this year will be held on 15 & 16 July at the Enterprise Centre, University of East Anglia. More details are on the AECB website.
- 27 July 2016 – Passivhaus Building Tring Site Visit
Coming up we have a visit to a Passivhaus Build in Tring, using the PH15 system. Details of the home are avalible on the Passivhaus Homes website. The projects Architect Janet Cotterral has offered to show us around.
- 28 August 2016 – Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
We have been really luck to be able to arrange a visit to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, with a personal tour by Phil Askew who coordinated the landscaping of the park. His approach has built on a lifetime of work in developing new approaches to urban parkland to develop the strategies behind the Park. There are many sustainable features that he will show us.
- 10 September 2016 – Howe Park Heritage Trail
As Part of the Heritage Open Days and Love Architecture Events Alan Budden will be leading a walking tour around Howe Park Wood along with members of Milton Keynes Parks Trust. The walk starts with a tour of the newly completed Parks Trust’s Environment Education and Visitors Centre and culminates in an external tour of Howe Park Passivhaus.
- 14 September 2016 – Passivhaus Building Maulden Site Visit
Coming up we have a visit to a Passivhaus Build in Maulden. Details of the home are available on the Project Pages. The client, who is project managing the build and the project Architect Alan Budden will being show us around and answering questions.
- 11 October 2016 – SIGA Tape Application by Antony Fox
As you know airtightness is as important in a low energy building as insulation, and getting a very airtight building is difficult and is reliant on onsite skill. Antony Fox an applications adviser and trainer with SIGA who is highly experienced in on-site training has agreed to run an airtightness workshop, with a particular emphasis on dealing with the junctions between materials. This is a practical workshop which will look at applying tapes to ensure the most effective application while identifying common pitfalls to avoid. In addition to showing the practical application of the tape he will be able to answer any tape related technical questions that you may have.
- November- Passivhaus Open Days – can we get a number of properties/sites in the area?
This annual event coincides with the International Passivhaus open days. Last year over 600 properties, 32 in the UK, opened to share the trials and tribulations of Passivhaus, giving visitor the opportunity to visit first hand.
- December 2016 – “Mince Pies”